For only $75*…you can see your gauge again!
‘Standard Restoration’ of a Yamaha gauge includes:
- Bench Test (before restoration, to see if gauge is functional)
- Separation of case halves, and removal of PCB Assembly.
- Removal of LCD glass from PCB.
- Removal of polarized films, diffuser, and adhesive from LCD.
- Replacement of polarized films.
- Metallic Silver rear reflector (looks like new OEM)
- Re-assembly of LCD into PCB, PCB sealed into case front, and Case halves sealed back together.
- 7-step polishing process on gauge face (if needed) to minimize crazing and restore clarity.
- Bench test (after restoration, to ensure gauge works and polarization phase)
‘Advanced Repair’ is dependent on needs and spare parts stock. Advanced repair could include Gauge Cases, complete insides, wiring harnesses, LCD conductor, LCD Glass, backlight replacement, minor soldering, etc. Repair of gauges is dependan on used parts availability. We don’t replace LCD’s typically, as new ones are not made.
- *$75 Rate is for Yamaha 6Y5 Gauges, Yamaha 6Y8 (Command Link round and square), Mercury SmartCraft SC1000, Honda, Suzuki, and Tohatsu gauge. ‘Restoration’ methods vary depending on gauges. For example, Mercury SmartCraft SC1000 lenses cannot typically be polished, but the inner lenses can be removed. For these gauges, I am working on reproducing the lenses in UV Stable Polycarbonate, which will be twice as thick as original. I expect to have the prototypes 4th quarter 2018! Some Suzuki, Yamaha, and Tohatsu gauges cannot be polished due to design of the lens. If you’re not sure what can be done with your gauges, or the cost, shoot us an email with pictures!